Buying ewes that are already grown is a very wise financial investment! Lambs have to be cared for and are generally less hardy than adults. We have decided to offer our keeper lambs from last Spring to those who have contacted us for stock. We have made some hard decisions, and we are offering these sheep for sale first. Most are ewes. Some are young and just at breeding age. Others are more experienced. We will be pricing individually, but purchasing as a group will earn a discount as well! Please do contact us if you see anything of interest or want to know more. Our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org is likely the easiest way, but PMing on FB is also a great option. Thanks for looking!
PS. Our flock is tested clear for OPP and Johnnes.
YEARLING EWE LAMBS:
1. SOLD "Happy" FBA# 33035 DOB 1-22-22. Very nice, easy, and happy (of course!) ewe lamb we had planned to retain. One of triplets. $400
2. SOLD "Saffron" FBA# 33023 DOB 1-30-22. Out of a very hardy and wonderfully long lived and productive ewe. Brown color. From a litter of 4. $425
3. SOLD "Henna" FBA# 33024 DOB 2-3-22. Very friendly brown ewe lamb and faster growing.
Brown color and one of triplet birth. $425
4. SOLD "Pixie" FBA# 33041 DOB 2-9-22. Increase in spotting on a piebald badger ewe. Spotting on nose that was born with none and you can see progressive spotting since last shearing in the fall here. Twin birth from a first time ewe mom. $450
5. SOLD "Trillium" FBA# 33031 DOB 1-27-22. Piebald from twin litter from first time mom. I am posting lamb picture to show piebald markings with her head-socks-tail white. $425
6. SOLD "Violet" FBA# 33029 DOB 2-3-22. Born as a twin with beautiful badger coloring. Lamb picture posted here also. $425
7. SOLD "Odette" FBA# 33030 DOB 1-21-22. One of four from a fabulous mom who consistently gives quads and sometimes more. $425
8. SOLD "Ember" FBA# 33032 DOB 1-27-22. Carries Paddington blue as pattern on a black coat. Paddington darkens patterns, etc. Greying on back leg as lamb to show the pattern from when she was born as a twin from a first time mom. $400
TWO YEAR OLD EWES (Never lambed):
9. SOLD "Button" FBA# 32279 DOB 1-27-21. From one of our very hardy older ewes who usually has female offspring interestingly. Triplet birth. She has been very hardy here for us. $425
10. SOLD "Poppy" FBA# 32286 DOB 2-1-21. A very fancy from triplet birth dalmation piebald badger ewe. Very gentle and sweet. $450
11. SOLD "Portabella" FBA# 32280 DOB 1-27-21. Brown head-socks-tail white pattern (born as a triplet). $425
12. SOLD "Primrose" FBA# 32278 DOB 1-26-21. Born as a twin. One of the nicest all around ewe lambs we've had. Priced higher for this reason. Brown. $450
13. SOLD "Cornflower" FBA# 31124 DOB 3-25-20. From a litter of three and has had one set of twins as a first time and wonderful mom. So friendly and wants to be our farm mascot when we have visitors come and meet the sheep! $425
14. SOLD "Esperanza" FBA# 31122 DOB 2-5-20. White ewe from triplet birth who had a single her first year and then twins. $400
15. SOLD "Maimie" FBA# 31123 DOB 3-23-20. Beautiful fine fleeced darker grey badger ewe. Had triplets as a first time mom. We suspect she is one of our milkiest ewes based on how well her lambs grew. $425
16. SOLD "Winnifred" FBA #28919 DOB 3-5-17. From a litter of 3. White ewe. Good mom. Twins last year. $250
17. SOLD "Beauty Lil Girl" FBA #30330 DOB 6-10-18. One of twins and lambs with twins and triplets so far. Love this ewe in every way. $350
18. SOLD "Sister" FBA #30329 DOB 6-10-18. One of twins - Beauty's sister (above). She is a very loving sheep. If she could pick a career, we are convinced it would be therapy. Always produces wonderful lambs. $325
19. SOLD "Jane" FBA# 30461 DOB 4-10-19. Jane is a sweet spot for me. Always has beautiful lambs and is very gentle and peaceful with a kind face. $375
20. SOLD "Maura" FBA# 30605 DOB 3-4-17. Born a twin and gives us triplets and quads. A very nice girl - friendly. Brown, but with pattern of self and grey possibly (never fading lambs though, but with sugar lips also sometimes)? Sugar lips, but not faded to white. (She does have slight eye rings and line at hooves indicating the grey pattern.) An interesting ewe! Has been very good for us here. $300
21. SOLD "Daisy" FBA# 31107 DOB 2-19-20. Daisy is a beautiful piebald ewe... However, she is the smallest ewe on our farm. Not from our original lines. She has lambed once and we needed to pull her first lamb which was a good size, but she had no trouble at all with her second lamb who was equal size. Good mom. Very sweet with a nice clear pattern. $375
22. SOLD "Millie" FBA# 31106 DOB 1-13-20. Millie is also outside of our original lines. She is a very friendly girl carrying badger, piebald, and throws lots of colors to her lambs so far (twins her first lambing.) Good mom and flashy! $425
SOLD Bonus UNREGISTERED EWE crossbred 50% Cormo and 50% Finnsheep. Also named Maura. Maura has given us beautiful singles and twins with big and beautiful babies who grow well with dense and lovely fleeces. She was born in 2018 and is almost 5 years old. Maura is friendly and halter broken - very easy to work with and gets a once a year shearing. She has been bred with Finn and CVM rams and done well. $250.
23. Not Available "Burl" FBA# 32379 DOB 3-24-21. From a quadruplet birth. Unrelated to our stock thus far and would pair nicely for a starter flock with any group of ewes here. Has not yet been used over ewes. Interestingly, he really enjoys hanging out with the horses! $350
24. PENDING "Corduroy" FBA# 30306 DOB 2-27-18. Absolutely gorgeous sire and has done amazing things for us here! Highly recommended to help improve any flock. From a triplet birth. Fine wool, amazing structure, brown with head-socks-tail markings. Brought in from ID. This ram carries Paddington with self. Agouti. Great pigment retention and putting this on his many lambs here. $350
25. SOLD "Bluff" FBA# 30347 DOB 3-11-19. Lots of luster in this ram's fleece! He actually is a piebald sheep from a quadruplet birth. You can see the dalmatian and piebald under his fleece every year under his pattern grey that hides this (pattern grey is dominant). I think every year we shear him, he looks different and keeps us guessing. Nice structure. Has thrown nice lambs also and puts his sheen we love on fleeces. $400
26. SOLD "Brocktree" FBA# 27021 DOB 4-17-14. An old ram, yes. But we wanted to give the opportunity for someone to use him in combination with any ewes purchased from us who are unrelated. He has done very well for us here and is much loved! He was born a quad and has been nothing but good to us through all his years sharing his beautiful fleece qualities with his lambs as well. We will be happy to send him to a home with our ewes for no charge.
27. Not Available "Bingo" FBA#33021 is from a twin birth DOB 1-25-22. (Ram lamb from last Spring.) He was born with piebald markings that faded as his grey pattern is dominant. $350 (Picture from 3-22. He has grown!)
28. Not Available "Jasper" FBA# 33022 is from a twin birth DOB 2-16-22. (Ram lamb from last Spring) Black HST pattern (only a bit of white on forehead.) Nice fleece. Not proven as a ram yet, but would help to make a nice starter flock, etc. $375 (Pictures are from 5-22. He has definitely grown and nicely.)
1/11/2023 01:54:38 pm
Location? Very interested in older ewes- loving crossbreed Maura! Must be very tame and hopefully milkable
1/12/2023 09:57:07 am
Sure Heidi! Thanks! You are welcome to email me at email@example.com We are located in SW VA just an hour north of Greensboro, NC. Crossbred Maura has been nothing but good to us and requiring very little care. Super hardy and sweet and calm girl with fabulous wool!
2/7/2023 05:24:44 pm
Interested in any other “milky” ewes or lambs you may have this year.
2/7/2023 09:43:41 pm
Hi Anna! Thanks for your inquiry. I'd love to chat as we do have some especially more milky girls still here. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you could message me through FB at WoodSong Farm. Look forward to discussing and have a restful evening.
Leave a Reply.
This blog chronicles our very full life here on WoodSong Farm. We will share everything from dog to sheep stories, unique wooly works, to animal husbandry tips we pick up along the way. I hope this helps to give you an idea of what our extended farm family and wooly projects are like, and that we may somehow benefit everyone who reads about our journey.